Christmas is a great time to spend with friends and family while enjoy a cup of hot tea (or cold “soda” )… but what happens when you get that urge to crank some code? well how about you Build an App for Christmas?
First, in order to build a Windows 8 store app here’s what you will probably need:
- Windows 8
- Trial version of Windows 8 (or download from MSDN if you have a subscription)
- Free Visual Studio Express 2012 (there is also a free trial of VS Ultimate)
- Download Windows 8 SDK
- 300 MB of code samples
- Design assets in Photoshop format
- Get the Ads SDK for Windows 8 if you want to monetize your app with our Ads platform
- Writing XAML? Get Tim Heuer’s Callisto library with many additional controls and helpers.
- Understand the public store’s certification requirements
- Learn how to use SQLite in your app
- Azure Data Marketplace
- HTML Data Parcing
- Free Azure Trial
THE EXPERT GUIDANCE
- Join 30 TO LAUNCH! for Windows 8. Part of GenerationApp total access to design, implementation advise free of charge.
- Join 30 TO LAUNCH! for Windows Phone. Part of GenerationApp total access to design, implementation advise free of charge.
WANT TO PORT?
Some important reading:
FURTHER READING FOR THE JEDI MASTERS:
- User experience integration testing for Windows 8 apps
- Designing a simple and secure app package - APPX
- Protecting your Windows 8 apps from piracy
- Creating a great printing experience in Windows 8
- Automating the testing of Windows 8 apps
- Free Trial Azure
- Download Visual Studio Express 2012
- Download Developer Center VS 2012/Win8
- Signup 30-To-Launch Win8
- Download Windows Phone SDK
- Signup 30-To-Launch Phone
For more great information from Joel Reyes (@joelcitizen) check out the his blog at – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joelcitizen/