In this Visual Studio magazine article, my colleague Max Zilberman shares top 10 tips for developers to build Windows Phone apps in a right way.
- Embrace Metro
- Leave Some Space
- Respect Margins
- Get Controls out of the Way
- Make Navigation Predictable
- Learn How to Pin Tiles
- Limit Results on Map Control to What the User Can See on the Viewport
- Tombstoning Should Be Transparent
- Properly Manage Network Failures
- Avoid UI Thread Blocking
Read the full article here.
To get started, developers can download free tools including Windows Phone SDK.