About the Event: We invite you to attend a 2-day deep dive program on April 28-29, 2010 at the Microsoft Office in Reston, VA. Windows Azure to better prepare you to work in the cloud, build and deliver solutions on the Windows Azure Platform. The sessions will be delivered by Azure experts and are aimed at developers, architects, web designers and information technology professionals who wish to be at the forefront of software development. Each day will run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and will be filled with training, discussion, reviewing real scenarios, and hands on labs. Seize this opportunity to immerse yourself with an exciting new technology!
Snacks and drinks will be provided, however we advise you to make your own lunch arrangements prior to the event. You will need to bring a computer loaded with the software listed below.
What do I need to bring? During the boot camp you will have opportunity to practice what you learn with labs. Having all of your software ready will make it easier to dive into the yummy goodness of exploring the labs. The lab files package will be given to you during the event. If you want to have everything loaded into a virtual PC that would be even better. In order to run these labs you will need to bring:
- Power strip or extension cord
- A computer or laptop:
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows 7; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition with SP1
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (or above)
- Hotfix: Correct WCF metadata when hosting behind a load balancer
- Hotfix: Native Debugging Improvements (not required for Visual Studio 2010)
- Hotfix: Improve Visual Studio Stability (not required for Windows 7)
- Hotfix: Support for FastCGI on the Development Fabric (not required for Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later)
- Install the SDK and Tools