Beginning today, Windows Live ID is publicly committing to support the OpenID digital identity framework with the announcement of the public availability of a Community Technology Preview (CTP) of the Windows Live ID OpenID Provider.
You will soon be able to use your Windows Live ID account to sign in to any OpenID Web site!
The Windows Live ID OpenID Provider (OP) enables anyone with a Windows Live ID account to set up an OpenID alias and to use that alias for identification at an increasing number of OpenID 2.0 relying party sites-for example: Plaxo, Pibb, StackOverflow.com and Wikispaces.
Try It Now. Tell Us What You Think
We want you to try the Windows Live ID OpenID Provider CTP release, let us know your feedback, and tell us about any problems you find.
- Go to http://login.live-int.com/ and use the Sign up for an account link to set up a Windows Live ID test account in the INT environment.
- Go to https://login.live-int.com/beta/ManageOpenID.srf to set up your OpenID test alias.
- Users - At any Web site that supports OpenID 2.0, type openid.live-INT.com in the OpenID login box to sign in to that site by means of your Windows Live ID OpenID alias.
- Library developers - Test your libraries against the Windows Live ID OP endpoint and let us know of any problems you find.
- Web site owners - Test signing in to your site by using a Windows Live ID OpenID alias and let us know of any problems you find.
For more information, see the Windows Live ID blog: http://winliveid.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!AEE1BB0D86E23AAC!1745.entry