Presenter: Robert Shelton, Microsoft Evangelist
When: November 14th from 2:00-3:30 PM EST
Registration Link: Click here to register
Join me for a 90 minutes demonstrated (i.e., Very few if any PowerPoint slides) on building Document Workflow's for SharePoint (MOSS 2007) with Visual Studio. In this demonstration I will show you how to accomplish what I showed in SharePoint Designer, albeit a bit easier in Visual Studio (for Developers). Then I will extend to features and functionality that can be best done (if not only be done) in Visual Studio.
For this demonstration, I will be using the soon to release Visual Studio 2008 (showing new features for Workflow Developers), however all of the demonstrations could also be accomplished using Visual Studio 2005 with Workflow Extensions.
What you will learn:
- New features for SharePoint Workflow Developers in Visual Studio 2008
- New SharePoint API’s for SharePoint workflow
- How to debug SharePoint Workflow’s using the Visual Workflow Designer
- The new single-click deployment of workflow's using Visual Studio 2008
- How to send emails from a SharePoint Workflow using Visual Studio (2005 & 2008)
- How to (programmatically) assign users Tasks (think Outlook Tasks) and track their progress
- How to enable users to re-assign/delegate tasks, and track that this was done
Who should come:
This session is going to be more technical than the previous dinner. Although much of Workflow design in Visual Studio is graphical (i.e., Workflow Activities), I will be spending much of the time in Visual Studio (showing more advanced code). If you are a Developer or Architect with experience programming ASP.NET, SharePoint Web Parts, or .NET in general, then this is for you!
~ Robert Shelton