For developers who want to get “insight” and a head-start on how to build workflow into their .NET applications. Just a little bit of PowerPoint and a whole lot of demonstration.
When: Tuesday, 2/6/2007 @ 11:00AM EST
Where: (Live over Webcast)
This one hour Introduction on building Workflow solutions will concentrate on the “How to” (demonstration) of building Workflow into .NET solutions, with a little bit of “What is” (PowerPoint) at the beginning. We will spend the bulk of the time building a demonstration application that takes you from the basics of building a simple (albeit more complex than Hello World) and slowly add additional Workflow functionality, ending with a basic Document Processing Workflow example.
- A brief background as to what Windows Workflow is, how it fits into .NET 3.0 and how it differs from BizTalk
- How to increase developer productivity with Workflow
- How to pass “work” into the Workflow
- Building custom Workflow Activities (conceptualizing Business Logic into Workflow Code)
- Communicating with your workflow
- The basics of one way among many to handle document processing with Workflow
Note: This will be a developer-centric talk, with code and Workflow design for the bulk of the talk (versus PowerPoint Overview) and is meant for a Developer audience. I will be doing a series of web cast later in the month that will give more of an “Overview” for Managers.
If you want to get a head start on things, feel free to download the Workflow Workshops @ www.publicsectordeveloper.com/workshops
~ Robert Shelton