Microsoft Innovation and Technology Center
12012 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 – 6:00PM – 7:30PM
Overview of new Portal features in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/eventdetail.aspx?culture=en-US&eventid=1032315278 or call 1-877-MSEVENT (1-877-673-8368) and reference 1032315278.
Join us for an Overview of some of the newest Portal features in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007). MOSS 2007 is a great new integrated suite from Microsoft, combining the collaboration features, including:
- – Windows SharePoint Services
- – An Enterprise Portal (Formerly known as SharePoint Portal Server)
- – Office Client Connectivity/Integration
- – Enterprise Search
- – Enterprise Content Management (Formerly known as Content Management Server)
- – Business Process and Form (InfoPath Client & Server)
- – And, Business Intelligence (Dashboards, Key Performance Indicators)
Today’s talk will focus on the “Portal” capabilities of MOSS 2007 (formerly known as SharePoint Portal, but much more). We’ll focus on:
- – The new Portal Framework (look and feel)
- – The upgraded Navigation
- – Web 2.0 Capabilities (RSS, Wiki)
- – Workflow integration
- – Document-level security
- – Templates
- – And more…
Who should come?
Anyone who wants to see some of the new features within the Portal aspects of MOSS 2007. Since the audience and topic will broad, we will cover as many topics as we can within the timeframe given, and will plan a follow up presentation to go deeper into many of the subjects.
Attend this event for your chance to win a Microsoft Zune Media Player!
Media player will be raffled at the conclusion of the dinner.
~ Robert Shelton