Implementing Row and Cell Level Security in Classified Databases Using SQL Server 2005

Art Rask, Don Rubin, and Bill Neumann have put together a great article explaining how to implement this functionality on SQL Server 2005.  If you have a need for this type of database security, let us know.

-Marc

1. Tyler Durden says:

This was great white paper, but I am frustrated that they didn’t fully explain all of the fields in the schema they gave as an example.  All of there samples don’t give a clue as to the use of some of the columns and therfore, it is hard to make a judgement on whether or not to use those columns when implementing this pattern.

I would’ve liked to have seen the schema defined in an appendix or something at least also.

2. As if you needed more reasons to start using SQL Server 2005, we’ve got another big one!  You may…

3. Salam says:

Hi,interesting white paper,is it possible to the have the source for the DB schema in order to understand better the paper. my email is salam@altern.org

Best regards,

4. As if you needed more reasons to start using SQL Server 2005, we’ve got another big one! You may have

5. Richard says:

Tried the toolkit. Couldn’t make it work. Table tblUniqueLabel is always empty, therefor view vwVisibleLabel is always empty. How do I populate the data?

Thanks!

6. Richard says:

Please ignore my previous post. It’s a user error. The problem is resolved.

7. Michael A says:

1.  does anyone use this technique ?

2.  is there an update required, to the article, for SQL 2008 ?

3.  can you post the DDL and DML for the examples please?

thanks,

Michael

8. ivan says:

i’ve read the article and i tested this concept on sql server 2005. Performance degradation, in my test, is far beyond values listed in the whitepaper. can anyone send me the  source for the DB schema in order to understand better the paper.

9. ivan says:

10. Sergio says:

Is there a front-end demo for using this? I have tried the SQL Server end and it works fine, but trying to create an application to use to demonstrate this concept is becoming hard. I am having trouble with the Insert, Update and Delete.

Any help would be great!

Thanks