by Jeff Greene / …and yes, I’m a PC.
Photokina is the largest international photography trade show in the world and this year Microsoft is once again proud to be a major part of it.
Held every two years in Cologne, Germany, Photokina attracts a diverse cross-section of photographers, manufacturers, and media who are focused on photography and digital imaging. Taking place September 23-28, 2008, the trade fair is the largest in the world for imaging and covers everything from image capture, editing, transmission, output, and archiving. In addition, Photokina offers in-depth product previews and major product announcements from leading camera and software manufacturers.
Photokina Fun Facts
- Location: Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany
- Conference Site: http://photokina.en.koelnmesse.info/thefair/
- Dates: September 23 – 28, 2008
- Estimated 2008 attendance 175,000
- Attendees from 150+ countries
- 15,000 industry professionals
- 1700 exhibitors with staff
- Over 6000 journalists
Microsoft will have a large facility in Hall 4.1 / Aisle G in the Koelnmesse Congress Center where we will be showcasing many of our digital imaging assets, including some innovative new projects from Microsoft Research and Microsoft Live Labs. In addition, we’ll have plenty of staff on hand to answer questions and demo the following software applications:
- Windows Home Server
- Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Microsoft Office Mac 2008
- Microsoft Pro Photo Tools
- Expression Media
We’ll also be working with our industry partners showcasing how teaming up can provide serious photographers with the best solutions possible in hardware and imaging workflow.
- Photo Laptop Project
- Better Together – A Workflow for Windows and Mac with Capture One 4 and Expression Media
- Cewe photobooks
- Eye-Fi wireless memory cards with geo-tagging
Our teams are looking forward to participating in this spectacular event, both as exhibitors and as photo enthusiasts, eager to spend the next week discovering new products and engaging with the most dedicated digital imaging professionals and enthusiasts from around the world.
Keep checking this blog for daily updates from the Photokina expo and follow me on Twitter for periodic dispatches, observations, and random comments during the day.