The Project 2010 SDK download and the MSDN online release are both published, and the Project Developer Center portal is updated. They have the same URLs as previous releases:
- Project Developer Center: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905469.aspx <– This is the place to start.
All of the portal pages are updated, including the Videos and Webcasts page.
- SDK Online: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms512767(office.14).aspx
- SDK Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=46007f25-b44e-4aa6-80ff-9c0e75835ad9&displaylang=en
Following are the major new and updated topics in the Project 2010 SDK, since the beta release. There were a series of changes related to ASMX web services, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services, and claims authentication since the beta release. The MSDN online library and the SDK download are finally in sync!
- Using Formulas and Graphical Indicators with Custom Fields
- Custom Fields and the Reporting Database
- Project Client Programming includes the following subtopics:
- VBA Object Model Changes
- How to: Use VBA to Add a Custom Command to the Ribbon
- How to: Use Managed Code to Add a Custom Command to the Ribbon
- Walkthrough: Building a Managed Code Add-in to Check PWA Compatibility
- Overview of WCF and the PSI
- How to: Create a Proxy Assembly for WCF Services
- Walkthrough: Customizing the PWA Ribbon and Accessing the JS Grid
- Walkthrough: Developing PSI Applications Using WCF
- How to: Use Impersonation with WCF
- Prerequisites for ASMX-Based Code Samples
- Prerequisites for WCF-Based Code Samples
The Class Library and Web Service reference for the PSI has many updated type and member descriptions, permissions requirements, and several new code samples for PSI methods-particularly for the Driver, PortfolioAnalyses, Workflow, Calendar, and Archive services.
Project 2010 SDK Download
Major content in the SDK download includes the following:
- pj14SDK.chm is an HTML Help file that includes the same conceptual topics and managed code reference that is online.
- pj14_ReportingDB.chm documents the RDB schema.
- RDB_Field_Selector.xlsx includes a pivot table that helps to select fields in the RDB for reports.
- ProjectGuide subdirectory includes the Project Guide default files, modified for use in Project 2010.
- mspdi_pj14.xsd is the Project Standard / Professional XML schema for data interchange.
- WINPROJ.DEV.hxs is an update of VBA Help that includes the latest changes in the VBA object model documentation. There are also instructions for replacing the VBA Help file shipped with the Project RTM release.
- Intellisense subdirectory: includes updates of the XML files for Intellisense descriptions, instructions for installing, and scripts for creating and updating a PSI proxy assembly using either the WCF or ASMX interface. With a proxy assembly, developers can see Intellisense descriptions for the PSI service classes and members.
- WCFHelloProject includes Visual Studio solutions that configure WCF programmatically and by using the app.config file.
- Impersonation is the – you guessed it – Visual Studio project for impersonation.
- CustomizeProjectCenter is a Visual Studio 2010 solution that modifies the ribbon for the Project Center page in Project Web App and shows how to access data and events on the JS Grid.
- RibbonAddIn includes Visual C# and Visual Basic add-ins for the Project 2010 client.
- Project2010EditableAddIn is a Visual Studio 2010 solution that checks current project for properties that are not compatible for server-side scheduling in Project Web App.
- BranchingWorkflow includes the complete Visual Studio 2010 project for creating a Project Server workflow, as described in the online SDK.
- SampleProposal2 solution duplicates the Sample Proposal workflow that is installed with Project Server 2010
- CustomActivityWorkflow subdirectory includes a solution with two projects.