Since it is the end of the year, I am slowly working my way through my Outlook tasks to be able to start fresh in the new year. I seemed to have missed posting a change we made to the PSI in the SP1 Rollup. In the SP1 Rollup, we added two new methods to the Admin PSI. One allows you to read the current database timeout and the second allows you to set it:
- SetDatabaseTimeout(DatabaseTimeoutType.Core, timeout);
We added these methods because, in some deployments, the default timeout was not long enough. If your Project Server deployment is experiencing database timeouts, you may want to try changing the default timeout. Attached is sample code on how to use these methods.