A common ask from customers nowadays is to integrate their Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solution with their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions to achieve end to end visibility into portfolios, projects, resources and finance. Microsoft Project Server 2010 offers an extensive and powerful platform that can easily be integrated with leading ERP, including out of the box integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX and SL. A number of PPM partners have built solutions that connects Project Server with other line of business applications, please check Microsoft Enterprise Project Management Solutions for the latest list.
In addition we have released the following white paper recently: Microsoft Project Server 2010 integration with SAP. This white paper, written by Advisicon, outlines the benefits and scenarios for integrating Microsoft Project Server 2010 with SAP’s ERP; in particular integrating the actual time reporting from SAP with the time-phased planning and resource forecasting power of Project Server 2010. This white paper illustrates one of the many options & approach to integrate Project Server with SAP. I also wrote this post on the same topic: Integrating Project Server 2010 with Line Of Business Applications.
Last but not least and to reinforce the points made above, please find below a list of sessions at our upcoming Microsoft Project Conference 2012 that will discuss PPM and ERP integration, don’t forget to register if you have not done so yet!
- Achieve Complete Project Cost Planning & Insight: Integrating Microsoft Project Server 2010 with financial systems like Dynamics AX
- Bean Counting in the Cloud: Merging hosted EPM and internal GL data to optimize financial reporting
- Integrating Data from External LOB Systems (SAP, ClickSoft, etc.) for Strategic Resource Planning & Forecasting
- Rapid Implementation of the Microsoft PPM solution and SAP-integration in a global Chemical company
- The comprehensive use of Microsoft EPM, SharePoint and TPG PSLink within the mining industry
- The Integration of Project Management and Project Accounting with Dynamics SL
- Project Server and Dynamics AX – Completing the Lifecycle from Project Estimation to Revenue Recognition