Today, we’re announcing that Microsoft Project 2010 has reached the Technical Preview engineering milestone. The Project team is running a limited, invitation only Technical Preview program. While we’re not sharing Project 2010 details at this point, we did want to give our customers and partners a sneak peek of Project 2010!
Project 2010 builds on the Project 2007 foundation to provide an end-to-end work management platform. The key investment areas are targeted at letting you choose the right tools that can evolve with you:
- Enhance user experience and appeal
- Fluent user interface
- User controlled scheduling
- Powerful new views
- Web-based project editing
- Improve execution with effective collaboration
- Integration with SharePoint Server 2010
- Richer workgroup collaboration
- Enhanced time/status tracking
- Unify project and portfolio management
- Common user experience through full PPM lifecycle
- Improved demand management
- Better reporting and BI
- Simplify deployment and extend interoperability
- Microsoft Exchange integration
- 64-bit compatibility of client and server
- No ActiveX dependency
How can I learn more about Project 2010?
Attend the Project Conference on September 14-17 in Phoenix, AZ! Project Conference 2009 is the biggest public worldwide disclosure event and the best conference to attend to get in-depth, hands-on technical knowledge and training with Project 2010. Learn how the investment in Project 2010 will continue to move your business forward tomorrow and get the most out of your current investment with Project 2007 today.