Want to be a part of Project 2010 Technical Preview?

If so, now is your chance to see what we’ve been working for the next release. We are taking nominations to participate in the Office 2010 Technical Beta program. We expect availability of our first beta release, known as Technical Preview, in the month of July. The team is excited to get feedback from our community that will help us make this a great release. Here is your opportunity to nominate yourself to participate in the program (space is limited). If you are interested in beta testing Project, please complete the following nomination form (you will need to log into Microsoft Connect with a Live ID).

Update – Thanks for all the interest in the Project 2010 Technical Preview! We only have a certain number of slots avialable and are starting to run out so sorry if you don’t make it in. If you are having issues or have questions you can follow up with proj2010@microsoft.com

1. Alex Angas says:

Hello Heather,

I clicked the link but didn’t receive a form. The tech preview is showing on my dashboard as pending however. Does this mean my interest has been registered correctly?

Thanks, Alex.

2. If the Connect dashboard shows pending for Office 2010 Technical Beta Nomination then you are registered correctly.

You’ll find out towards the end of July if you were approved.

3. Yul PHAM DUY says:

Dear all,

I live in Paris, France

I am a freelance professional trainer on MS Project. Half of my time is spent on MS Project so I am strongly motivated to see the new version of MS Project.

Best regards

4. Jon Wagner says:

I have looked at my dashboard and I don’t see anything pending on my dashboard. Can you verify if I have registered properly?

5. If you are having issues with the Connect site, use the email link above and send me the details of what issue you are seeing.

Note that if you have applied for access you won’t hear anything until the end of July.

Also, if you’ve emailed me with issues, make sure your email is setup to receive mail from microsoft.com. I’ve had a few mails bounce back.

Thanks

6. Dana Denny says:

I rec’d an invitation for the Office 2010 technical preview earlier this week. Last week, I registered using the nomunation form, my interest for the new Project 2010. When I go to the Microsoft Connect site, it shows that I am currently participating in the Office 2010 technical preview, however, I haven’t rec’d anything from the Project folks. Will it be a separate process?

7. Scott Futryk says:

We are part of the Office 2010 Technical Preview but do NOT see Project 2010 in the DL area – we see everything else?

Is Project 2010 a separate program?

8. Ville says:

Hello,

I have registered correctly and the dashboard shows pending for Office 2010 – but it’s already August now – when can I expect the status to change?

Thanks

9. Jeff Smith says:

I click on the nomination form link and I recieve this error: "The invitation you are using belongs to another registered account. If you believe you received this message in error, please try using another Windows Live ID/Passport account or contact mchelp@microsoft.com for additional assistance."

Thanks.

10. BorisV says:

Heather,

It looks like the provided link is to the "personal" copy of the nomination form (which is already filled).

Could you provide a link to the empty "public" form?

Thanks!

11. Ville says:

Hello Heather – my Connect site is still showing status pending, we’re now past July – should the status be now something else than pending?

Are the Beta bits already available for download?

Thanks,

-Ville

12. Thanks for all the interest in the Project 2010 Technical Preview! We only have a certain number of slots avialable and are starting to run out so sorry if you don’t make it in. If you are having issues or have questions you can follow up with proj2010@microsoft.com

13. Michelle Moulliet says:

Drat!  I think I missed the call for nominations.

Oh well, Heather, I hope you got enough suggestions from me at the last conference.  I was the last person in the lab and grabbed you and a colleague to discuss my thoughts.

Regards,

Michelle

14. Sorry everyone, the Technical Preview is full. If you come to the Project Conference you will be able to learn all about Project 2010.

15. Lynn Frock says:

I am an independent Microsoft Project consultant / instructor – currently developing two sets of instructional materials.  It would be very helpful to have a copy of the Release Candidate.  How can I obtain that?  Thank you, Lynn Frock, PMP and a Registered Partner.