Hi everyone, Phil Smail from the Project Product Group here. Just wanted to announce the news that I know a lot of you out there have been waiting for. The Project Resource Kit for Project 2007 has released!! It’s available for x86 and x64 in English only
The PRK consists of the following tools:
- Portfolio Analyzer Views Migration: Allows an administrator to bulk edit the location of an analysis server for multiple data analysis views.
- Project Server Settings Backup and Restore (Playbooks): Allows an administrator to backup Project Server settings and restore those settings to another Project Server.
- Project Server Data Populator: Allows an administrator to populate Project Server with projects, resources and other objects. Useful for helping capacity and performance testing.
- Project Workspace Site Relinker: Allows an administrator to relink the connection between Project Server and Project Workspace sites.
- View Effective Rights: Allows an administrator to query the Project Server to determine the effective permissions of users against projects or resources.
Full documentation on the tools is expected shortly. In the meantime try them out and feel free to post comments