I often get this question so thought will document this for easier reference:
- What is SkyDrive Pro? – its your My Site in SharePoint 2013.
- What is SkyDrive Pro client then? – its a Client for Syncing your My Site content on your client machine. Its a part of Office 2013 Standard or ProPlus install and not available as a separate download. this means you cannot use the Sync client if you have Office 2010 or 2007
- Can I Use SharePoint Workspace 2010 – Yes. it needs a HotFix when installed with Office 2013. Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687364 . In fact, if you need to take a list offline, SharePoint WorkSpace 2010 is what you need, SkyDrive Pro client cannot do that.
- Can I use SkyDrive instead? – No. SkyDrive is the consumer offering and cannot be used as a replacement for SkyDrive Pro.
- Why does it say SkyDrive on my internal SharePoint site? – its an abbreviation of SkyDrive Pro
- Is there a peer-to-peer sync capability with SkyDrive Pro? No.
- Can I choose what to sync like commercial SkyDrive? No. Not at the moment.
Update Sep 2013
SkyDrive Pro stand alone client has been released. You can download it from here.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.