This post on modernizing your application for the cloud comes to us from Premier Developer consultant Najib Zarrari.
As companies embark on their digital transformation journeys, pressure on IT organizations have been mounting to levels that have never been experienced before. Businesses have the following expectations, among others, from their IT organizations:
- Applications need to be developed, deployed and enhanced at a rapid pace
- Applications are always available, resilient and performant
- Features expected to match or exceed competitors
- Applications need to run on different form factors including PCs and mobile
- All applications delivered must be secure and compliant
To meet those expectations, not only do companies need to have the capabilities to build these kind of solutions, but also they have to build them faster than ever before. This is why many organizations are rethinking how they are architecting and building solutions so that they can better respond to the demands and expectations businesses have on them. Also, IT organizations are constantly on the lookout for ways to enhance agility, optimize resource consumption and minimize solutions time to market. One way businesses are achieving those goals is by embracing the cloud. Trends show that organizations from all sizes either have moved toward scaling down their on-prem data centers in favor of the cloud or contemplating the adoption of the cloud.
Read more on Najib’s blog here.