This post is provided by Senior App Dev Manager, Michael Mano who walks through the basics of setting up SharePoint Online Portal.
For a successful migration you need to have a good understanding of business needs and goals. The SharePoint / Office 365 platform delivered by Microsoft will enable customers to successfully manage information for the purposes of enhanced knowledge sharing, increased enterprise collaboration, streamlined communication, and improved operational effectiveness.
Here is a quick summary on the process of setting up a SharePoint Online Portal
- All users have access to the corporate portal using the public facing URL.
- Users are authenticated in Azure AD that is synced with the Corporate AD.
- SSO token is provided once the user is authenticated.
- Users are redirected to the corporate portal once successfully authenticated.
- Publishing is done by the content authors to an Azure site
Project Deliverables and Activities
It is important that you have a good working plan for your migration to SharePoint online and you can always reach out to Premier Support for Developers for best practices and support during your migration.
Premier Support for Developers provides strategic technology guidance, critical support coverage, and a range of essential services to help teams optimize development lifecycles and improve software quality. Contact your Application Development Manager (ADM) or email us to learn more about what we can do for you.