Integrating SSRS 2008 R2 RTM with SharePoint 2007

The SSRS 2008 R2 Report Server in SharePoint mode allows integrating with SharePoint 2007:

For details on features supported by SSRS 2008 R2 Report Server with SharePoint 2007 refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326290(v=SQL.105).aspx

HTH,
Prash

1. Ralph says:

i have a question does ssrs 2008 r2 work for sharepoint 2007.

2. Mike says:

I want to use SQL 2008 SSRS R2 in integrated mode on my SharePoint 2007 farm.  Is there anyway you can use the SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Technologies within a SharePoint 2007 server farm environment.?  I only ask because on the 2010 download site listed

The seventh bullet point under system requirements section lists :

Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Office SharePoint Server 2007. The Reporting Services Add-in is not supported on earlier versions of Windows SharePoint Services

Does this mean you can run SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Technologies within a SharePoint 2007 farm??

Just don't want to use the CTP or wait until September 2010.

Thanks Mike

3. Davide Brevi says:

Hi Mike,

did you find a solution of your problem?

I'm having the same, but no answer found on the network!

Thanks

Davide

4. mike says:

No I have not heard a follow-up to this item yet.  I'd really like to know as soon as possible so if you hear anything please let me know.

Thanks

Mike

5. mike says:

Thanks

Mike

6. Mit says:

Guys,

I had this question with MS when they were lunching 2008 R2, so as per MS, production type release will be available on Sep 2010. Meanwhile you can try to install on your development and staging server but can't use on production until production type install available.

Its sad that we are not able to use SSRS 2008 r2 adds Ins. There is no alternative way.

7. Surabhi says:

Hi Prash,

We are waiting to migrated to SSRS 2008 R2 integrated with SharePoint.

Does RTM for SSRS 2008 R2 add-in for SP 2007 is still scheduled to be released in Sep? Any fixed date yet?

Thanks,

Surabhi.

8. Sorry for the delay and combining answers:

– SSRS 2008 R2 Report Server supports SharePoint 2007, however you will need the updated SSRS 2008 SP2 RS Add-in for SharePoint for this.

– Sorry, but I do not have an exact /specific public release date for SP2, having said that it is not expected to be very far / long.

HTH

Prash

9. Khone says:

Has the SSRS 2008 SP2 RS Add-in for SharePoint 2007 been released?

10. Majid Bhatti says:

After installing the SSRS 2008 SP2 RS Add-in for sharepoint 2007, do i have to do some special settings on AAM to enable Multiple Zones support.

11. Sebastien says:

For a fastest way to manager reports / data source with SharePoint, see this blog post : http://goo.gl/adEiy

12. Mihail says:

Hi,

I'm using reporting services in SharePoint 2007 but there is an issue when the report is generated. Below is the error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'CustomWebServiceDS'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Keyword not supported: 'http://websrv1/2011/_vti_bin/report.asmx;integrated security'.

13. Sharepoint WSS 3 says:

Does it work with Sharepoint WSS 3 SP2 64bit on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard?

Thanks!

14. Samson J. Loo says:

I am experiencing the same problem with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and SharePoint 2010. We are running the Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies 2010. Most of my searching keeps bringing up this article: social.msdn.microsoft.com/…/92671fe5-ce6d-472b-b6e1-48c62f556c51 but it also refers to MOSS 2007 so I am hoping to find a resolution to the same issue but with SharePoint 2010. Any info is appreciated!

Skip to main content