Did’ya see dat! I am pretty exited about these developments, As soon as these this is out I want to play with it and see how can this feature be utilized in Office Programmability scenarios
Are you surprised ? WHY ? It’s fairly consistent with our idea of promoting & encouraging freedom of choice.
Also, Microsoft will join the OASIS ODF Technical Committee, and users will be able to set ODF to be the default format in their Office Applications.
For more details have a look at following posts.
· Office support for document format standards – Doug Mahugh,
· Microsoft adds “Save as ODF” to Office 2007 Service Pack 2 – Gray Knowlton
· Open XML, ODF, PDF, and XPS in Office – Jason Matusow
· OpenXML & ODF was never a zero-sum game – Stephen McGibbon
· Open XML Formats: ODF support in Office – Brian Jones
· More Interop for Microsoft Office (ODF, PDF, PDF/A, XPS) – Oliver Bell
Not responsible for errors in content, meaning, tact, or judgment. Live and let live. Toes go in first. I didn’t do it. Enjoy.