The pic and post from Alex really says it all. Installed! Alex, you should submit this to the Add-in contest. [Via Alex Papadimoulis]
I don’t know about you guys (and gals), but I often find myself pasting large string literals (SQL queries or dialogs) into code. It started to become quite a hassle to fire up EditPlus, paste, replace line breaks with quote characters, copy, and paste it into Visual Studio. So, I put together an add-in to help with this task and called it Smart Paster.
…. If you’d like, you can grab it here: http://www.papadimoulis.com/alex/SmartPaster1.1.zip
Alex also asks for your feedback. Enjoy – Josh
UPDATE: I updated the link to point to the new version. Alex has taken some of your feeback and added some new features detailed here:
- Tab/linebreak escape choices for C#
- Verbatim Literals (optional line spanning) for C#
- Paste As StringBuilder (with optional AppendFormat usage)
- Auto Formatting After Paste (optional)
- Ability to hide Paste As options on the context menu
- Add-In Commands for adding to custom menus and keyboard shortcuts
His blog also has a new screenshot of the configuration menu.
To stay up to date yourself on the latest versions you can subscribe to his catagory dedicated to this tool here: