With the release of Win7/WS08R2 beta, we are officially in the end game of PowerShell V2. This is the phase were we can only respond to customer feedback and we rely upon customer feedback to tell us whether and when we are ready to ship. In other words – now is when we need to hear from you the most.
- Please use PowerShell V2
- You can use the CTP3 bits or the bits that come with Win7/WS08R2 (they are essentially the same bits).
- Please use all aspects of the product – experiment with the new features as well as verify your old favorites
- Please report backward compatibility issues. This is SUPER SUPER important to us so if anything USED to work and no longer does – it goes to the front of the fix queue.
- Please file bugs and suggestions. Let us know what you hate, what doesn’t work for you, how you think things should work. We love reading your feedback so please – turn the fire hose on.
- Please share. Blog, Post, twit (tweet?), talk, demo, present – you pick your favorite mode of sharing but share. PowerShell is a community effort. I learn from you, you learn from me, others learn from us. The more sharing there is, the better our community is and the faster we learn.
- Please encourage your friends, your peers, your fellow Internet surfers to join the party and use the V2 bits.
I’m very excited about what we are delivering in PowerShell V2. As a community, we are going to be using these bits for many many years so let’s work together to ensure that they are the best possible.
Experiment! Enjoy! Engage!
Jeffrey Snover [MSFT]
Windows Management Partner Architect
Visit the Windows PowerShell Team blog at: http://blogs.msdn.com/PowerShell
Visit the Windows PowerShell ScriptCenter at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/hubs/msh.mspx