It’s a time of year that many people are looking forward to Summer vacations. But as you sit in your office looking for other valuable distractions, consider joining Microsoft and our partners for some upcoming events…
- Windows 8 App Factor (Tempe, AZ and other locations)
- Tech Ed North America (New Orleans, LA)
- BUILD 2013 (Sold out, but…)
Online Events in May and June
The following webcasts are offered by various Microsoft partners to help you understand various development and ALM tools and best practices. Click on the link on the dates to get more information, exact times, and to sign-up:
- Quality Coding: What’s New with Visual Studio 2012 by Imaginet (May 23rd)
- Best Practices for Coded UI Tests in Visual Studio 2012 by Neudesic (May 29th)
- Client Side Test Driven Design tools like Qunit and Jasmine and Integrating them with ALM by Agile Thought (May 30th)
- Top Business Benefits of Application Lifecycle Management by Imaginet (June 3rd)
- Quality Enablement – Leverage Visual Studio to test on Cloud by InCycle (June 4th or June 18th)
- Elevating Windows Azure Deployments by Neudesic (June 5th or June 19th)
- Managing Test Labs Without the Headaches by Imaginet (June 6th or June 20th)
- Unit Testing Without Fear by Northwest Cadence (June 10th)
- Visual Studio 2012 – Testers Using the “Developer Testing” Tools in Visual Studio by Magenic (June 11th or June 25th)
- QA & Visual Studio 2012: Using a Lab Environment for Your Application Lifecycle by Neudesic (June 12th or June 26th)
- Getting Started With Coded UI testing: Building Your First Automated Test by Imaginet (June 13th or June 27th)
- Quality Enablement – Create and manage automated tests with Visual Studio 2012 by InCycle (June 24th)
- A Lap Around Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) by Northwest Cadence (June 17th)
- ZERO260: Virtual Student App Labs for Windows 8 Game Creation (May 23rd, 28th, or 30th)
Have app ideas? Have software development skills? If so, that’s all you need to learn, compete and enter to win! 6 Cities, 100’s of developers and 1000’s of great ideas. The opportunity is NOW! Don’t miss another chance to get in on the next great marketplace! Get your competitive juices flowing and participate in a FREE App Factor event. Visit: www.windows8appfactor.com for more info.
WINDOWS 8 APP FACTOR LEARN
Part one of the series, Windows 8 App Factor Learn is a fun day of “training and auditions” where you will learn what you need to know to take your skills and ideas into a new economy.
- Form a team where you can use your skills and compete to win.
- Learn how to build an app from idea to store submission.
- Start from scratch or use a beautiful sample to get started.
- Free consulting from the local evangelist team (in person or online).
WINDOWS 8 APP FACTOR COMPETE
Part two of the series, App Factor Compete will provide you with an opportunity to show off your app (in-person) and hard work to the world and potentially win. Prizes will be awarded for best app (determined by judges), and peoples’ choice (determined by live audience).
WINDOWS 8 APP FACTOR ONLINE
If you don’t have time to attend ‘Windows 8 App Factor Compete’, no big deal, just submit your work of art online to be eligible to win fabulous prizes. Submission guidelines can be found at www.windows8appfactor.com/submit.
Tech Ed North America (New Orleans, LA)
Learn how Microsoft can you help improve productivity and drive down costs, preparing you to better advise business decision makers on future technology investments:
- Windows Server and Microsoft System Center
- Windows Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Azure
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Building Your Private Cloud, Public Cloud or Hybrid Cloud
- Trustworthy Computing and Data Governance
Tech Ed North America will be in New Orleans on June 3rd through June 6th.
Build 2013 is taking place June 26-28, 2013 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Build 2013 is now sold out; however, you can still join the waitlist. If you are unable to join us in San Francisco, we will extend the Build experience online with live streams of the keynote, sessions, Channel 9 Live and more. Check out
http://buildwindows.comfor all the details. At Build, we’ll share updates and talk about what’s next for Windows, Windows Server, Windows Azure, Visual Studio and more. Build is the path to creating and implementing your great ideas, and then differentiating them in the market. Join us for three days of immersive presentations delivered by the engineers behind our products and services and getting the first look at what’s next.
Unable to attend in person? Join us for a world class online experience at: www.buildwindows.com.