The current SDK (1.3) and Tools for Visual Studio has been refreshed to 1.4. It’s mainly a stability release to address a few issues. Probably the nastiest bug-ette was the full IIS web role that recycled when the diagnostic store was full.
The full bug fix list:
- Resolved an issue that caused full IIS fail when the web.config file was set to read-only.
- Resolved an issue that caused full IIS packages to double in size when packaged.
- Resolved an issue that caused a full IIS web role to recycle when the diagnostics store was full.
- Resolved an IIS log file permission Issue which caused diagnostics to be unable to transfer IIS logs to Windows Azure storage.
- Resolved an issue preventing csupload to run on x86 platforms.
- User errors in the web.config are now more easily diagnosable.
- Enhancements to improve the stability and robustness of Remote Desktop to Windows Azure Roles.
The new Management Portal has been enhanced to make the UI more responsive and it adds support for Windows Azure Connect (Virtual Network) to have multiple administrators. There is new support for Windows Azure CDN such as Web and VM Roles becoming the “origin”.
To download the new SDK, click here.
To view the new portal, click here.
.Planky – GBR-257