The PIX downloads on this website are for use on Windows 10. If you are an Xbox developer, use the version of PIX that is included with the XDK instead.
Subscribe to the RSS feed to get updates when new versions of PIX are released.
If you are using an NVIDIA GPU then we recommend that you use driver version 397.64 or earlier.
- PIX-1806.20 (PIX 1806.20 – GPU Occupancy for AMD GPUs)
- PIX-1806.11 (PIX 1806.11 – Fence signals and waits visualization, major UI streamlining, new Edit and Continue experience, and more)
- PIX-1803.25 (PIX 1803.25 – GPU Occupancy, CPU sampling, automatic shader PDB resolution, and more)
- PIX 1803.16-raytracing. This release is now redundant. This was a special release of PIX on Windows that added initial experimental support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR). Please read the announcement for details on this release. Going forward, please use the latest version of PIX to capture DXR applications.
- PIX 1711.28 (GPU memory usage, TDR debugging, DXIL shader debugging, and child process GPU capture)
- PIX 1709.18.004 (Dr. PIX bandwidth on AMD and Intel, access tracking for bindless resources, more performance warnings, and pixtool save-resource)
- PIX 1707.25 (counter rollup, new Dr. PIX experiments, pixel kill reason, and pixtool.exe)
- PIX 1706.25.002 (system monitor and timing capture improvements)
- PIX 1705.17 (Intel GPU counters)
- PIX 1705.16 (AMD GPU counters, preliminary DXIL support, and more warnings)
- PIX 1704.27 (D3D12 usage warnings, Dr. PIX, and CPU hotpath analysis)
- PIX 1704.14-servicing (graphics driver compatibility fix)
- PIX 1703.20.002 (NVIDIA GPU counters, file IO traces, shader edit & continue, and pixel cost visualizer)
- PIX 1702.23.002 (visualizers, better warnings UI, memory capture type tracking, and MSAA sample inspection)
- PIX 1701.26 (GPU counter rollup, thread names, and high DPI UI)
- PIX 1701.13 (first beta release)
Multiple versions of PIX can be installed side-by-side. To keep your previous version while installing a newer one, uncheck the “Replace any previously installed versions” box in the PIX installer.