Below is a re-print of the photo-specific features that were launched today:
Do more with your photos
With this release, we’ve made it easier to share photos using Spaces.
- Let your friends know about new photos you’ve added to your space. Click Send a link and you’ll get a formatted e-mail with links to your album – just add your friends and family to the “To:” line and click Send.
- Put your photos and albums on other websites. Click Embed and then copy the web address or embed code and paste it into the appropriate location on the other site.
- Blog about your own or other people’s photos. Click Blog it and a new blog entry is created automatically with the photo already in the entry. Just add your thoughts and click Publish entry.
- No more downloading an entire album of photos one by one. Download all the photos in an album by clicking Download and then selecting Download album.
- Share photos from your space on Facebook (only in some markets where Facebook is available)
- For those wall-worthy shots, you can order prints online from HP Snapfish in 9 new markets including Australia, Belgium, France, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.
Control who can see your albums
Want Mom to see the pictures from your hiking trip, but not the shots from your friend’s birthday? No problem! Now you can choose who can see which albums on your space.
Just go to an album and click Edit album. You’ll see what the current permissions are for that album. To change them, click Change permissions. (By default, all albums are set to use the same permissions as your space.)
Add photos to your blog entries
You can now add and resize photos directly in your blog entries to make a richer experience for readers.
Note: If you want more options for editing your Spaces blog entries, download Windows Live Writer. It’s free, and it makes it easy to compose, edit, preview, and post entries to Windows Live Spaces.