Our team has been hard at work since the initial release in December and we’re releasing another update to the Technology Preview today. Highlights of this latest update include:
- Synth highlights: You can create highlights to annotate your synth. When looking at one of your synths, you will see a New Highlights button alongside the playback icons in the middle of the player. Click on this button to create a new highlight. Highlights support text and links.
- Geo-tagging my synths: You can specify a location for the synths you create. You can provide the location information when creating a new synth or by editing a synth’s information at a later time. Once a synth is geo-tagged, everyone can see its location.
- Map view of my synths: You can look at your own synths and panoramas on a map. Select my mapped synths from the drop-down menu attached to your username in the upper-right corner of the navigation bar.
- Geo-browsing synths: To help you discover other users’ creations, Photosynth enables you to browse synths and panoramas on a map. From the explore menu in the top navigation bar, click on mapped synths to access this new map view. Simply search for your favorite city or zoom in to an area that interests you.
- New viewing experience: The synth player now shows the synth’s information while the synth is loading. Just click away from the information pane to start playing the synth.
- Synth to synth navigation: You can navigate from one synth to another without having to go back to the feed every time. To jump directly to the next synth in the feed, click on the arrows on the left and right sides of the screen while viewing a synth.
- Feed for my favorite synths: To see a feed of all the synths you’ve previously liked, select my favorites from the drop-down menu attached to your username in the upper-right corner of the navigation bar.
I hope you’re as excited about this release as we are. What do you think of these new features? What would you like to see in future updates of the Tech Preview?
The Photosynth team