Photosynth for Windows Phone is here

We’re pleased to announce that Photosynth, the acclaimed mobile panorama app, is now available on Windows Phone. Get Photosynth for free from the Windows Phone Marketplace for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or higher*.

Screenshot from a panorama captured via Photosynth on Windows Phone of a high camp on Mt Baker, WA. See the full pano here.

Sometimes a single photo – even a wide angle photo – doesn’t do a place justice. Whether it’s the view off a cliff, or inside an incredible cathedral, we’ve all been to places that cry out for a full 360 panorama. Photosynth is the only mobile app that can stitch a full sphere. That’s 360 degrees horizontally and vertically.

The Photosynth app for Windows Phone feels like magic. Start it up, move the camera around, and watch your panorama fill in. Make a 360 revolution and watch it join up. Capture the floor and ceiling too. When you’re done the shots are automatically stitched together, and the results are beautiful and immersive.

Next, you can publish your panorama to the Photosynth site and onwards to Bing, or you can share it via Facebook and Twitter.

Publish to Bing Maps

Photosynth has always been a collaboration between research and engineering, and this app continues the tradition by including core stitching and blending algorithms developed by Microsoft Research, and available on the desktop in the form of the Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor.

If you have a Windows Phone running WP 7.5*, go to the Windows Phone Marketplace  and install it now.

Give it a try and let us know what you think with a comment here, or in the Photosynth forums, or in an email to

* Important Note:  Photosynth requires significant memory for stitching, and is only available for phones with at least 512MB of RAM.

1. kit says:

My lumia 800 is Ng gyro, are you sure it's a requirement for photosynth?

2. Theobvious Comment says:

OK, good you have this done. Now please bring this awesome software to Android. Please please please πŸ˜‰

3. Florian says:

Thanks! The app works great on my HTC Titan. Stitching works great!

4. Amadej says:

Can't find it on the Ireland marketplace.. will it be available soon? πŸ™‚

5. Abe D. says:

WooHoo finally .. and it actually looks good even with my HD7 with no Gyroscope πŸ™‚

6. Amadej — the marketplace folks told us it maky take up to 12 hours to get into all marketplaces around the world, so… hopfully very soon!

7. Jack says:

@Kit, Works nicely with Lumia 800 πŸ™‚

8. Kodo84 says:

Can't upload the Synth to any of the available platforms (bing maps,, facebook) i'll get always an 'upload failes' error message. any help?

9. xilo365 says:

Works great on my HTC Arrive…WooHoo!

10. x23fh says:

Would be nice in a future update if you could look at more than just featured synths, to have actual access to the site and search otherr photosynths.

11. Kentucky says:

Someone said bring this software to Android? haha… try out a Windows Phone and you'll never want to go back. Plus you can only get cool apps like this on Windows Phone. The Windows Phone marketplace is growing everyday!

12. Brett says:

Finally! I've waited so long! Please improve the app's performance. But I love it! Now I can throw away my iPod touch.

13. myLargo says:

Not for 1st generation wp (HTC HD7) πŸ™

14. kodo84 — if you can't upload anywhere, it's probably a network issue from your phone. If this is still happening, please email details to

15. AndrehBuss says:

Very nice, but have some problems to upload. APP freeze and donΒ΄t uploads the panorama/image.

Nokia Lumia 900 + AT&T LTE

16. The best! But, I have the same problems uploading. I have already sent the the details to, so I'm waiting for a fix. I'm using 3G data for I have not wireless connection in my work.

HTC Titan International + Β·3g

17. AndrehBuss (and others)– if you are having upload issues, please send the following details to

Phone Model:

Connectivity Type (3G, Wireless, Edge):

Have you tried uploading a very small pano (2 frames)?

Does it fail immediately, or after a certain percentage?

Were you able to otherwise use the network on your phone (browse the web, view the "Featured" panos through the app, etc.)?

Were you roaming outside your normal coverage area?

Were your panos just stuck in the upload queue?

Have you tried uploading the panos using a wi-fi connection?

18. Chiti Mwewa says:

This App right here is what has stopped me from switching to Android.  It took me a while to find my feet but I finally got the hang of it.Thanks Microsoft.

19. dr.lacus says:

Would be a great app, but…

When I try to make panoramas on my LG Optimus 7 Photosynth captures the first shot and the app begins to rotate the orientation like crazy and it won't take the second picture. Several other people with an Optimus 7 are also experiancing the same problem!

Please check this problem and try to fix it!

This is a must have app for every WP7 users!

20. frozenwhite says:

Works freat on my Lumia 710!!Awesme!

21. frozenwhite says:

Works great on my Lumia 710!!Awesome!

22. Hejselbaeak says:

Works fine on my LG Optimus 7, even tho it's not fylly supported by the hardware

23. Eskimo says:

Works awful on my Optimus7. The frame just jumps and can't focus on the next capturing. Accelerometer calibrated, the problem is still there.

24. Fleku says:

Now we just need next generation Pureview camera phone from Nokia that will run WP8 and we will get some amazing detail panorama photos you can zoom in.

25. Pixe says:

Please launch this fantastic app for Android, only Microsoft can do it!

26. Frank B says:

When will you have an App for the Samsung galaxy sII?

27. S El says:

Great work! Photosynth is the best solution I have seen so far! Can somebody of Photosynth publish a little news about this? I know there are a lot of people who want this for Android. I certainly do! Please update us on this item; Photosynth for Android. I'm not afraid to pay for it!!! Great work!!!

(for now I'll use the pc app.)