Two weeks and More than Two Million Downloads

As reported on the Bing blog today, we hit the two million downloads mark for our Photosynth mobile App in less than two weeks of being in the iOS App Store.

All we can say to those two million people who have loved it, and told their friends about it is thank you! We’re going to keep making it better, and make it the app you always go to when you want to document or share an interesting place or event.

Events? These last two weeks have seen some amazing and terrifying ones, and people all over the world have started using the Photosynth App to capture them. From the aftermath of the earthqauke and tsunami in Japan, to the deadly tornadoes in the US, to royal wedding street parties, and even to people’s reaction to the death of Osamsa Bin Laden — Photosynth has been there.

And yes, we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear. People with an iPhone love it, but you want: more sharing and viewing options; better control of what gets written to the camera roll, and fewer upload glitches. People who don’t have an iOS device really want it on their mobile phone. We want that too, and we’re working fast and furiously on this as well as the improvements requested above.

Thanks for your support, your suggestions, and your amazing Photosynths.

The Photosynth Team.

1. Hi Photosynth Team,

Great job, I hope to see the Photosynth app really soon on Microsoft Marketplace for Windows Phone 7.

kind regards,

James van den Berg

2. abid says:

i cant beleive how good this app is on wm7 makes picture taking alot more fun and stored online not on y hdd

3. Hi David and Team says:

Congrats on an amazing, game-changing app.  I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the panos with the iPhone can be, but as a long time panorama ethusiast on Photosynth, I'm just over the moon with the ability to zoom in on my 230+ gigapixel images.

I think you buried the headline a bit here and need to let people know that one of the best things about the app is the gigapixel display – Photosynth is the first to market with an app that can handle gigapixel delivery on a spherical projection.  Zoom, zoom, zoom!

Here's a 2 GigaPixel image from Grand Canyon GigaView, my virtual tour of the Canyon by river – photosynth.net/view.aspx

I do wish I could add the audio from this awesome waterfall.  It is a powerful thing.

Thomas Hayden (GigaView)

4. Juan says:

Photosynth is available for the iPhone.  Is there any plans to make it available for Android?  If so, when about? 😀

5. guest says:

@Juan.  Are you nuts?  Microsoft will never release this for Android.  If you wnat Microsoft technology you should be using iPhone or WP7.

6. Forrest O. says:

I wish that I could save the captured images without stitching, for finessing/synthing later on the PC. The preview looks better than the stitch sometimes.

7. The Breaking News says:

Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs.

<a href="http://www.thenewsinn.com/">The Breaking News</a>

8. Yoshihiro Kawabata says:

Excellent.

We love Photosynth in Japan.

9. Diego says:

They would get at least 2 times that if the app will be released for android

10. John says:

Why would microsoft release this only for the iphone?  I can't believe that they've forgotten about windows and android phones…

I've been using photosynth from the beginning… quite dissapointed.

11. Alejandro Ariza says:

Hi Photosynth!!!

Hey! When we can use it in a mac??? So now we have the app for the iPhone, but I really do love to use it for show it in a mac! Is near in the future?

12. Love this ap on the iPhone, other than the fact that I don't seem to be able to log in to my account via my phone. It sits there for a moment and then closes down the ap……………….Very annoying

The taking of pics is great however, just getting them to the web isnt