Photosynth Now Commercially Available with Microsoft Virtual Earth Integration

We joined the Virtual Earth team a couple months ago and we’re excited to release the first result of our joint efforts.  Commercial partners can now use the Virtual Earth platform to take advantage of the immersive 3D photo experiences Photosynth can create and share. You can learn more about Virtual Earth and our new commercial offering at the Virtual Earth product site.

We just posted the news about this, but we’ve already begun to hear some great feedback: TechCrunch thinks this is Where Awesomeness Meets and ReadWriteWeb notes that Photosynth Goes to Work.

NASA’s International Space Station Photosynths

iss_photosynth

View all the Space Station synths here.

VisitBrighton’s Royal Pavillion Photosynth

RoyalPavilion_Photosynth

View the synth here.

Microsoft Photosynth Integration into Virtual Earth

Watch a video with some more information about the integration.

If you’re interested in a Photosynth commercial license, you can obtain one by contacting the Microsoft Virtual Earth Sales Team at maplic@microsoft.com.

P.S. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean we’re taking away the free Photosynth that so many of you love to use.  You can still continue to use Photosynth for your personal projects.  Our new commercial option will allow us to partner with big brands and to help more people discover how great a Photosynth experience can be.

DariusMonsef

1. sheila says:

quero mais opçoes para edtar fotos com molduras etc

2. EddieStarr says:

Excellent Idea Microsoft, the synergy of Photosynth and Microsoft Virtual Earth is a great marriage of two technologies that belong together. I also like the approach to take advantage offering a commercially viable product for the time being as to help offset costs and maybe even make profit for developers .  Alas, in a few short years I am sure a Sat-Synthing will be very much commonplace, so take advantage of the commercial viability while you can, and encourage some brilliant creations !!

-EddieStarr

3. Hello!

My name is José, I´m a Teacher from Portugal and I´m Trying with my student’s photosynth.

We have started and we have a lot to learn, but I have a problem I can’t find a resolution.

We have a Blog at Live Spaces http://suaiebvs.spaces.live.com/  and we can´t put the photosynth code, it doesn´t accept it… there is any solution?

I hope you can help me, please tell me something to our project email proj_nanet@hotmail.com

Thanks!

José Marques

4. fethifd5 says:

لتسهيل ببعض الامور لتخص بالضبط الصور

5. schwab says:

Very interesting, something new and very helpfull

6. csaszar.peter says:

Where can we access the "old" Nasa Photosynth project?

or