Fresh synths

We’re still seeing some incredible synths being posted every day.  Here are some new ones that we thought you’d want to see:

This beautiful scene proves that you can attain 100% synthiness without having to take hundreds of pictures.

If your head says “Travel!” but your wallet says “Stay home!” here’s a thrifty way to see Hong Kong at night

Synths can also move through time–look at this one that seamlessly mixes pictures of magician and escape artist Harry Houdini from 1908 with pictures of the same spot today.

You’ve heard of a coat of many colors, and a horse of a different color–how about a cow of many colors?

Seen some synths you’d like to share?  Leave us links in a comment!

1. Psykokwak says:

This is a very powerfull technology.

I’ve made some "synth".

Do you think to add a "texturing" view using pictures to construct the scene in 3D ?

Thanks

2. Atomusk says:

I think one of the most impressive synth I have seen is this one:

Photosynth does a wonderfull job synthing almost everything.

3. Ultrasound says:

Thank you very much for this great technique.

Look at this sleeping beauty in the park. Do you see any possibility to use the "point cloud" or the 3D data and to move this sleeping statue (for example defining angles an moving the hand).

4. Serious NERD says:

IF anyone iterests a 360 wiew of Sarajevo just type in Sarajevo in the search bar and look for Serious NERD’s Sarajevo synth. Thank U

5. Hastarin says:

I’ve been quite happy with my first synth given it is just using photos I had handy.

I look forward to an improved browsing/search interface, ratings, etc

I’d love to be able to rate synths, and search by ratings, combined with "synthiness" and number of photos.

6. Matt Duffin says:

I am so incredibly pleased with how PhotoSynth handled my first Synth. Had an upload error the first time round, but if the result looks like this then it’s well worth a second run!

Please do check it out and let me know what you think.

Goodies to take a closer look at: the meshing on the metal bench, the book on the table, the plant behind the table, the berries on the bush behind the table, the moss growing in the pavement cracks, the turtle, the bird pond 🙂 .

Thanks for making my day of snapping totally worth it!

7. Matt Duffin says:

Apologies, the link to the Synth is in my name but it’s not obvious, so here it is: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=da58486d-d519-431d-920a-3457bfed00ba

Cheers.

8. eFFe says:

I´m quite proud about <a href="http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=ca9c8f09-c8c1-4477-8629-b72f47c4af35">this synth</a>.

I really like this nice tool.

9. Marc says:

I have had a good look at this. Sorry – I am not impressed. This is just a fad that only the wanabe geeks will enjoy.