Synthing to sell: using Photosynth to help sell a house

When thinking about ways Photosynth can best be used, helping to sell real estate came up pretty early on.  And it wasn’t long before we started seeing a number of houses popping up among the synths.

Here’s a great synth of a home in Colorado.

This synth of the front of a house lets you smoothly see the house and the neighborhood.

And here’s a great example of how to shoot the interior of a house.

If you search on ‘house’ or ‘real estate’ you’ll see lots of different ways people are shooting interiors and exteriors of houses.  Some include lots of photos, but they are not very synthy.  That’s OK–if you want to concentrate on the deep zoom feature of Photosynth, having a varied collection of pictures of the different rooms in a home will still give potential buyers a close-up view that they can’t get any other way (but make sure to tell them how to zoom in to get the best detail–use the + (plus) icon, or their mouse’s scroll wheel).  But shooting your pictures in a way that lets them knit together better will give people the sense of traveling through the space.

1. We’re presently exploring the use of Photosynth for our clients when doing on-site safety inspections, allowing us to provide virtual tours of worksites and facilities, and addressing deficiencies and OSHA/OHS violations.

Will it be possible soon to have private and/or restricted access photosynths? We need to preserve client confidentiality.

2. Dan says:

Is Photosynth capable of going from exteriors to interiors and vice versa?

3. Dan says:

Is Photosynth capable of going from exteriors to interiors and vice versa?

4. yonko007 says:

It would be even more adventageous to be able to download or save the synth as a file and use a synth viewer. this way you could email or carry synths with you like a portfolio without the need for the internet.

5. yonkowitz007@hotmail.com says:

6. Nick says:

I thought Photosynth could be a great tool to show low altitude aerials of real estate and construction sites. I’ve uploaded few image sets from our portfolio and I like the result.

Olympic Village construction, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hill Crest Ice Rink construction, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Now, if only Photosynth could work offline …

Cheers,

Nick

7. Would it be advantageous for me as a photographer to offer this service to local realestate agents or would they be more apt to try this there self ?   Is it that easy that the realestate agent could do it themselfs I geuss is what I am wondering?  Boy what a long question!  🙂

New to this photosynth idea and very excited about the possibilities.

thanks

Kzphoto@alltel.net

8. Scottie says:

I just started using it for the interior of houses….It is working great!

9. gymshoe says:

I tried a photosynth of a future listing of mine and as a test synth and it worked really well.  I learned that I need to take about triple the amount of photos …I did exterior of a house on the water. … it had a tough time matching up the water photos, but everything on the house and surrounding area came out really cool.

Definitely something I’m going to integrate into my service offering as a listing agent.

10. i just download, my main problem is how we are going to integrate this system into our site. if any body using ? please let me know i would like to try on my site.

Skip to main content