Unexpected outage

We’re experiencing some problems with the Photosynth site just now.  Early indications are that we’re having a hardware issue, but we’re digging into that as we speak.  We’re working to resolve it as fast as we can.  In the meantime, we’re moving to our backup servers now, so we expect to be back shortly…

Update 2:50 PM:  We’re back.  Turns out our main database machine developed a disk problem.  We failed-over to our backup database machine, and now we’re back up and running.  Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you…..

Update 3:25 PM: We didn’t lose any data during our outage, but if you were trying to create a synth right around that time and it seems to be taking an inordinately long time to complete, you might try it again, giving it a different name.

1. Lansing says:

I think posting a synth of my ugly mug broke the server.  Sorry about that! Lansing

2. bailey0384 says:

Is there still an issue?  I’ve made several attempts this morning to create a synth and the program keeps getting hung up at the "Publishing Synth" phase….

3. jaleduque says:

this is an amazing tool, very cool but i can´t see the samples on the screen! i don´t know what to do to see the synths!

4. It’s been getting stuck on ‘Publishing synths’ for over a week now, and many times I just see the point cloud rather than the photos themselves.

5. bushcat says:

How long is "a long time"? In what time zone are the problem times? I did a 390-shot synth, which took around 5 hours and is now sat at "publishing synth". The "start new synth" button is available, the "pause" button is grayed out. My outgoing bandwidth is effectively unlimited, but I’m seeing no traffic.

6. Dave says:

I agree with Bushcat.  I have tried 6 times since last Thursday to publish synths from 177 pictures to 377 pictures and they have all ended up getting stuck at the publishing synth with no responsiveness…Any suggestions?

7. Patrick Rochefort says:

This program really requires a pause/resume/restart command, or a progress indicator that actually tells you what’s going on.

Being stuck at "Publishing Synth" for hours and hours is unacceptable.