Photosynth needs 30 minutes of downtime tonight

We’re changing out some hardware and adding capacity. We’ll go offline around 11:30pm PST (7:30am GMT) for about 30 minutes. Note that any synths in progress when we go down will need to be repeated.

1. Seth Jayson says:

Is that why uploads are hanging? I’m getting random hangs in the generation process (last night and this morning, 7 a.m. ET) where synths are made, but the green bar hangs about 4/5 full in "publishing synth" and from there never moves. It was doing this from 8/22 at about 5 p.m. ET.

2. "Trust us, as soon as we have a Mac version ready, it will be up and available on our site."

I don’t have a Mac. I’m running Linux.

3. Steve says:

Same here, all generated synths(tried 5 so far over last 20 hrs or so) are hanging up at the "publishing Synth" step,.

4. Peter says:

Same happened to me, got to publishing Synth, and wouldn’t go further. Then my computer had to reboot, and when it came back up, and I started Synth again, it didn’t show the synth I had made. I tried making it again, and it said that I had already made one under that name. Also, it shows 0 out of 20 GB used.

5. "Unfortunately, we’re not cool enough to run on your OS yet. We really wish we had a version of Photosynth that worked cross platform, but for now it only runs on Windows.

I don’t have a Mac. I’m running MS Win2000.

6. MajorWinters says:

None of my projects get published either, just keep getting stuck at publishing so the servers aren’t processing the synth.

7. Montserrat says:

Soy fan de los artistas del fotomontaje

8. Montserrat says:

Soy fan de los aristas, del fotomontaje y pintores.

9. So how long until we see house listings with Synth links?

Or artwork?

Or ebay items?

This is such an amazing implementation of awesome.

Also: how long until we can "synthmerge"? If I could merge the six Trevi Fountain synths with mine, and make one big uber one, that’d be pretty nice…

10. laststandingman@hotmail.com says:

Will this photosynth be available in .NET programming as  an object that we can use in making web application? Any plan about it?

11. Steve says:

Can someone possibly post a note when the system comes back up?

12. srblackbird says:

It takes a while; depending on the size…

Mine took more than 16 hours 🙁

But it showed up…  …eventually 😉

13. hey guys!

(sorry 4 my bad english)

I have 2 questions:

1: will it be possible to add photos to another user’s synth? i’ve seen a few synth’s which aren’t synthed 100% and I would have a some pics which would fit in and would complete the whole thing. this would be a great feature

2: can you make a section where users can post their ideas which features are missig or something like that.

would be happy if you email me 🙂

thx

ps: photos. is great!!!

14. Chris says:

The technology and the program is amazing, but why is the photosynth homepage using Flash (and not Silverlight), and why did you post the photography guidelines in PDF format (and not XPS)?  It’s quite curious  😉