Customers tell us that the verified compatibility of their applications is the #1 factor driving their upgrade decisions. Verifying compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2 before the application ships promotes operational efficiency, improves scalability and reliability and over the life of the application reduces costs. Microsoft provides a rich set of tools and programs to help customers and ISV’s get their applications compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2. The “Works with Windows Server 2008 R2” program is our flagship logo program to verify compatibility. Today we are announcing that this program, which in the past could cost as much as $250, will now be available at no cost for most applications. As part of the new program we are also making the process more self-service and accelerating the process such that, depending on the application, the vendor will be able to attain listing in the Microsoft Windows Server Catalog in a matter of hours.
- Got an application that is ready for compatibility verification?
- Visit http://www.microsoftplatformready.com and follow the listed steps.
- Logo your applications and receive the following benefits:
- 10 MPN Partner points
- Partner marketing kit
- The “Works with Windows Server 2008 R2” logo
- Listing on the Microsoft Windows Server Catalog