The WS-* web services industry standard protocols are widely accompanied by managed-code end-point implementations. With the Windows Web Services API (WWSAPI), you can connect your native client applications with web services as well as implement native web services. WWSAPI, new with Windows 7 (client) and Windows Server 2008 R2 (server), is an implementation of WS-* family of protocols for SOAP based web services. It enables several solution scenarios including:
· The ability to build web services in native C/C++ code on both Windows client and server.
· Achieve interoperability with web services implemented using Windows Communication Foundation, ASP.NET XML Web Services, and even services implemented using non-Microsoft implementations of WS-* protocols.
· The ability to build web services with minimal service startup time and minimal working-set dependencies.
· The ability to use web services in resource-constrained deployment environments.
· Avoid costly managed-native inter-op scenarios and achieve high performance web service end-point implementations.