Windows HPC Server released to production last week. This marks the second version of Microsoft’s “Beowulf Compute Cluster” product with significant enhancements in performance, integration, and management features. See the following online resources:
- TechNet Edge : A collection of Windows HPC topical demonstrations for the IT Pro.
- MSDN Channel9 : A collection of Windows HPC topical demonstrations for the Developer.
- WindowsHPC.net : The HPC Community and technical forums.
- http://www.microsoft.com/hpc : The product marketing portal. See the on-demand webcasts via the events tab.
- http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/hpc : A listing of resources for developers.
- Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 Overview Data Sheet : Here’s a quick overview of Windows HPC Server 2008 benefits and features.
Windows HPC Server 2008 Job Templates : Learn how Job templates can help streamline the job submission process.
Windows HPC Server 2008: Using MS-MPI : Find out more about the new high performance Message Passing Interface (MPI) stack included in Microsoft HPC Pack 2008.
Overview of SOA Programming Model and Runtime System for Windows HPC Server 2008 : This white paper provides a technical overview of SOA applications and the Windows HPC Server 2008 functions that support the SOA model.
- Windows HPC Server 2008 Technical Overview : Get a detailed overview of Windows HPC Server 2008 new features and benefits.
- Windows HPC Server 2008 Job Scheduler : Learn how the Windows HPC Server 2008 new Job Scheduler provides greater scalability and supports advanced policies. It also includes a new service-oriented architecture (SOA) mode that allows interactive applications.
- Windows HPC Server 2008 System Management Overview : Learn more about the Windows HPC Server 2008 centralized management and deployment interface with template-based deployment capabilities, and a Network Configuration Wizard that helps to simplify network and topology setup and configuration.