I recently ran into a problem with my Flip
UltraHD Video camcorder where it would not turn on. Unlike other camcorders
in the Flip family, there is no microscopic reset button anywhere on the device.
After e-mailing support, I received a response the next day with the steps to reset
the device. For some reason, this information is not listed in their knowledge
base on the support
site, so I thought I would post it here.
The steps to reset/resolve an issue where your UltraHD will not turn on is as follows:
- Remove the battery pack from the camcorder.
- Connect the camcorder to a powered USB port on your computer.
When the "Connected" indicator comes on, insert the battery pack into the
- Safe eject your camcorder from your computer.
- Reconnect your camcorder to your computer.
- The battery pack should now begin to charge within the camcorder
Hope this helps someone else out there.