Just got word from Jason Gaylord that TECHbash returning to Northeastern PA this spring on April 28th, 2012! TECHbash is the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area’s version of code camp for developers and IT Pros alike. Registration is not open yet, but you can register for a “reminder” for first dibs when it does open up. The call for speakers & sponsors is now open!
If you’re working on a cool project or new technology, consider sharing your knowledge back with the rest of the community. Speaking at community events like TECHbash is a great opportunity to flex your public speaking muscle (or build one if you don’t have it)! Teaching others helps solidify your own area of expertise. Not only that, it has the side benefit of gaining you recognition in the community amongst your peer developers. In today’s economy, that sure can’t hurt! So please consider signing up to speak.
Read on for details…
Announcing TECHbash 2012
Are you ready to see some exciting new technology and network with other IT professionals? If so, then register for TECHbash 2012 today! TECHbash is a free IT Professional and Developer conference presented by the .NET Valley user group. TECHbash 2012 will be held on April 28th, 2012. Hosted at Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke, PA, TECHbash has grown over the years to include multiple tracks and more sessions. This year, we are anticipating having 3-5 tracks with 4-6 sessions per track. Don't wait, be sure to register today as seats are limited. Once the schedule is finalized, you'll have the first shot at securing a seat at each session.
Call For Speakers
We're currently looking for exciting IT Professionals, Application Developers, and Entrepreneurs interested in presenting at TECHbash 2012. We're looking to fill sessions in the following categories:
- Web design and development - .NET, php, Ruby on Rails, WordPress, etc.
- Mobile - iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Verizon, AT&T, etc.
- Application development - Windows Forms, WPF, Windows Services, Windows 8 development, database optimization, etc.
- Networking - Cisco, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, etc.
- Alt Windows - Apple, ChromeOS, Linux, etc.
- Marketing and Social Networking - Search Engine Optimization, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- NEPA Technology Solutions - A showcase of companies in NEPA offering technology solutions
The final day for session submission will be Friday, March 30th. If you are interested in submitting a session or multiple sessions, please provide the following:
- Name, company, photo, and brief bio
- Twitter handle
- Session topic and audience level (beginner, intermediate, or advanced)
- Session description
- Session category (see above for category list)
Sponsors Wanted: Join us for TECHbash 2012
We are looking for potential sponsors for TECHbash 2012. Being a sponsor and being a part of TECHbash 2012 is kind of a big deal. Why you ask? You'll have your organization placed in front of 150-200 IT Professionals and Application Developers in Northeastern Pennsylvania. This area is unique as it's located between two major US cities; New York and Philadelphia.
If the past is any indication of the future, TECHbash 2012 promises to be a great event!