New York is a busy town, it’s so hard to keep up with what’s going on. Hot on the heels of this morning’s announcement of the June Firestarter events, I have some late breaking news to share with you!
Douglas Purdy (@douglasp) and Jonathan Carter (@lostintangent) are doing an oData Roadshow in 7 cities around the world. Their first stop is coming right here to New York City this Wednesday, May 12, 2010!
Details from the odata.org website…
Join us for the OData Roadshow and learn how to implement Web APIs using the Open Data Protocol. This event will include depth presentations and hands-on time for you to explore ideas on building an API for your web application.
An important part of the OData Roadshow, will be the afternoon hacking sessions, where you’ll have a chance to work OData into your own projects on whatever platform you choose. Bring your laptop, ready to experiment with your ideas and pound out some code.
Want to tweet about the OData Roadshow? Use the hash tag #OData.
- New York, NY – May 12, 2010
- Chicago, IL – May 14, 2010
- Mountain View, CA – May 18, 2010
- Shanghai, China – June 1, 2010
- Tokyo, Japan – June 3, 2010
- Reading, United Kingdom – June 15, 2010
- Paris, France – June 17, 2010
- OData introduction, along with the ecosystem of products that support it
- Implementing and consuming OData services
- Hosting your OData assets in Azure
- Monetizing your OData services via "Dallas"
- Real-world tips & tricks to consider when developing an OData service
- Open discussion and hands-on coding time to experiment with ideas and uses for OData in their current/future projects.