Yesterday, Microsoft announced a new program for startup companies called “Microsoft BizSpark”. My colleague Anand Iyer out on the west coast in San Francisco has all the details on his blog here. The official BizSpark site is here. Lots of other resources and information for startups is can be found at the Microsoft Startup Zone.
“Ignition” – New York City – November 11, 2008
To celebrate the announcement of the BizSpark program, we are hosting a series of “Ignition” events to help get the word out across the US. Myself and others from the Microsoft BizSpark team will be at the NY Tech Meetup on Tuesday, November 11th to unveil BizSpark to the New York start up community. Afterwards, there will be a networking event at One Little West 12 in the meat packing district from 8pm-10pm.
The spirit of entrepreneurialism is what drives all of us to innovate and excel. Economics aside, there is no better time than now to pursue that next big idea. This is your time to shine and we want to celebrate you, your vision and help you succeed.
Microsoft StartupZone and The TechSet, present "Ignition", an event to commemorate the launch of Microsoft BizSpark, a new program for those who contribute to a dynamic ecosystem to help startups flourish. Join Stephanie Agresta, Brian Solis, the BizSpark team and partners for a networking event from 8-10pm with free hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Plus, you will have the opportunity to meet some of the most influential technologists around. All attendees can participate in a "twitter raffle" to win an XBox 360 Elite. flourish. Join Stephanie Agresta, Brian Solis, the BizSpark team and partners for a networking event from
To get in on “Ignition” New York City, REGISTER HERE for free at Eventbrite. If you’re involved in a start-up in the New York area, you’ll want to be there Tuesday night!
Microsoft BizSpark in the News
BizSpark sure sparked a lot of press yesterday. Check out some of the stories here:
- Microsoft BizSpark Embraces Startups With Free Software, Services – Tech Crunch
- BizSpark Program Targets Startups – Port 25
- Microsoft Launches BizSpark Program For Startups – Don Dodge
- Microsoft Launches Effort to Spark Startups – Daryl K Taft – eWeek
- Microsoft Offers Free Software For Start-Ups – Ina Fried
- Microsoft Offers Startups Software And Cloud Services For (Almost) Free – Mary Jo Foley
- Microsoft’s BizSpark Initiative Offers Free Servers and Software To Startups – Venture Beat
- Microsoft’s Smart Cloud Catch-Up Plan: Three Years of Free Software – Silicon Alley Insider
- With Eye On Future, Microsoft Offers Startups Freebies – Giga Om
BizSpark greatly reduces the barrier to entry for startups who choose to use the Microsoft platform to build their application or service. It will be exciting to see what types of innovations this program will help unleash out there!