Just a reminder, if folks weren’t aware already, there is an MSDN Event coming to the Microsoft office in Iselin, NJ tomorrow afternoon. This is part of the series of developer events going on across the country hosted by Microsoft Across America.
Here are the details:
194 Wood Avenue South (Prudential Building)
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Directions: Click here!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Welcome Time: 12:30 PM
Enjoy an all-access tour through some of today’s hottest technologies with MSDN Events. Glimpse the future of Web development with a tour of the hot new features in Visual Studio 2008. See how to power up your Silverlight solutions using AJAX and wrap it all up in easy to work with ASP.NET server controls. Plus get a sneak peek at Microsoft code-name “Astoria” which enables you to easily create and consume Data Services for the Web. Mark your calendar now for these live, free sessions in your local area. Register today.
Session 1: What’s New for Web Development in Visual Studio 2008
- The new tools, features and innovations in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Powerful benefits of ASP.NET 3.5 and its support for AJAX and nested master pages
Session 2: A New Paradigm for Data Development with Web Based Data Services
Building the next generation of Web applications requires a next generation way of accessing data. Join us and learn about the latest data access technologies that will change how you architect Web applications. In this session, we’ll explore the ADO.NET Entity Framework and Microsoft codename “Astoria.” We’ll see how the Entity Framework raises the level of abstraction when programming data-aware applications, and how Astoria enables developers to create and consume Data Services for the Web, exposing them over a simple HTTP interface that can be consumed by various Web applications. You’ll also learn to develop AJAX-based Web sites and Rich Interactive Applications using the Astoria client libraries.
- The basics of the ADO.NET Entity Framework
- How to create flexible mapping from databases to objects
- Exposing your data as RESTful data services
- Easily retrieving and updating data over HTTP
- Using Astoria in AJAX-based and Rich Interactive Applications
Session 3: Building Rich, Dynamic Web Experiences with Microsoft Silverlight, ASP.NET and ASP.NET AJAX
This session will cover:
- Using ASP.NET AJAX to obtain data and update a Silverlight asset
- Building an ASP.NET control to deliver Silverlight assets to a Web browser
- Using the Silverlight controls in the ASP.NET Futures release
Make a full day of it! Register for the TechNet session in the morning for great information for IT professionals.