2007 has arrived. Happy New Year everyone! Not that anyone’s counting, but this is my first post of the year. Last year, this new blog of mine ended up with exactly 100 posts. I didn’t think I’d be able to come up with that much stuff to write about, but I have. Fire up your RSS readers, because here we go with #101!
There were bunch of new products and technologies that were released by Microsoft at the end of 2006. 2007 is the year when most folks will get their first chance to use them. It’s no surprise that many of the Microsoft-related area user groups will be featuring speakers discussing them. Below is the line up for January.
Note: A few of the groups are listed as “TBD”. Given that I’ve put this post together during the last week of December when most folks are taking a holiday break, most of the user group websites haven’t been updated yet. I will update this post with the meeting information for each group as I get it.
- NJ MS Developers Group – On “vacation” for January. Back in February at the regular scheduled time.
- NJ Enterprise VB User Group – This group has now merged with the NJ MS Developers Group.
- Northern NJ User Group (N3UG) – Tuesday, January 9th – Developing and Running as a Non-Administrator, Randy Hayes
- Central NJ .NET User Group – TBD
- NJ SQL Server User Group – On “vacation” for January. Back in February with Kevin Kline speaking.
- NJ UI Designer & Developer Group – Chip Lemmon is looking to form this new group. See this post for more information about it.
Note: Due to stricter security rules at the building where the Microsoft NYC office is located, groups that meet there must now present a list of attendees to the building’s security guards. Therefore, most of these groups will be requiring users to register ahead of time. See each group’s site for details.
- NY Enterprise Windows User Group – Thursday, January 4th – HP & Intel Virtualization Technologies – Chuck Kausch, HP & Peter Tea, Intel
- Long Island .NET User Group – NEW GROUP!!! – Taking a holiday break for January. Next meeting Tuesday, February 1st – Developer Career Night
- NYC SharePoint User Group – TBD
- NYC Connected Systems Group – TBD
- NYC .NET Developers User Group – Thursday, January 18th – To know the Dependencies is to Understand the Architecture – Neeraj Sangal, Lattix – PLEASE REGISTER HERE!
- NY Metro SQL Server User Group – Thursday, January 25th – TBD
- IASA NYC – Tuesday, January 23rd – Model-Driven System Architecture – Dr. Murray Cantor, IBM Distinguished Engineer
- Pittsburgh .NET User Group – Tuesday, January 9th – TBD
- Philadelphia SQL Server User Group – Wednesday, January 10th – TBD
- Lehigh Valley .NET User Group – Monday, January 15th – TBD
- Central Penn.NET – Tuesday, January 16th – TBD
- Philly .NET – Wednesday, January 17th – Topic 1: .NET Framework Roadmap – Ashish Jaiman, Microsoft – Topic 2: Separation of Code and UI with MVC – Scott Cate
- .NET Valley (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area) – Wednesday, January 17th – TBD
- Butler Area .NET User Group – Thursday, January 25th – TBD
- Delaware Valley SharePoint User Group – Wednesday, January 31st – Knowledge Management approach to SharePoint – Dee Anne Kotzur