IE6 and IE7 Side By Side

This content has been moved to my new blog at

1. vikram says:

Any date on when We can download it

2. PeteLe says:

i hope soon. very very soon, the image is built, we’re just waiting on a few last sign off things.

3. Saqib Shakil says:

I use some sort of wan connector to connect to the internet from my network what i experienced is that when after connecting it open local network homepage and it opens it in an interface of IE6 but in the about menu it says IE7

What is that

4. Martin says:

Isn’t it a bit of a shame to make a product so integrated into the OS so you have to use a virtual machine to be able to run several version of it? It is pretty clear that it is possible to do a browser without to do it in this way, so what is really the reason for it. I guess I’ll never get an answerer for this, because if Microsoft make a truthful official statement about this they will most certainly get a antitrust case on their necks 😉

5. Adam A says:

That is great news. Thank you!

I hope that there will be a way to download it.

6. James says:

What about the IE6 Standalone version?

Doesn’t it allow running IE6 and IE7 side by side?

7. Chris Benard says:

Pete, will you post a notice here?  I’ve temporarily subscribed to your RSS hoping you’ll post a notice when it’s available.  Is there a more appropriate feed to which I can subscribe?

8. Basically, you can’t run IE6 and IE7 on the same partition (although there are people out there publicising

9. David S says:

"That is great news. Thank you!"

Do not know if I think it is great news that I’ll be forced to download an image of 600mb just to run two different version of the same browser, I would rather call it laughable.

10. JJ says:

At least its doable – if only Microsoft would take the same approach with developing desktop apps. Don’t want to have to subscribe to MSDN to test apps on vista/XP/2003 etc.

Anyway I look forward to the download.

11. Многие спрашивают, как обеспечить работу обозревателей IE6 и IE7 в одной системе. Как уже писал Крис…