After spending a good bit of time this morning trying to figure out the whole template stuff from nGallery, I finally gave up. The templates and skins for nGallery are pretty convoluted, with pages being built from just chunks of html in individual pages.
Part of the whole migration thing that I wanted to do was use some of the new ASP.NET 2.0 controls, and to do that, I have to get rid of some of the old stuff. Thus, I figured it'd be easier to start over from scratch.
The biggest pain in the a** I had today was trying to get the top and bottom rounded corners to work. I believe very strongly in DIVs as opposed to tables, and I'm trying to build this whole thing using only DIVs. Well, I had to break down this afternoon and put a TABLE in a DIV to get the desired effect.
I'll post the code tomorrow with what I was trying to do (I'm at home now) and maybe someone can tell me what I was doing wrong, or if there was no way of doing it.
Day 1 was successful, all be it, slow. Tomorrow is a team meeting most of the afternoon, so I don't expect to get much done, but we'll see.