The new MSDN feedback system has been a great thing for connecting our team with our user and finding some great bugs that we haven’t found yet, or maybe wouldn’t have found. But there is one class of bugs that usually drive me (and I file them too) a bit batty. They’re the not repro bugs. You KNOW when you file a bug that something wasn’t working right. You think you get the repro steps all down and you’re good to go. You file the bug, and a few days later, it comes back from the dev as not repro. You try again, and bamo, not repro for you either. You know the bug happened. You saw it not work. What the hell happened.
Lately, we’ve been getting a number of MSDN feedback bugs about the designer closing the file that you’re working on after renaming a control. I’ve seen 4 or 5 of them filed. If it had been one maybe two, I’d think either user error or install problem, but at this point, the hairs on the back of my neck are up. And I can’t get a repro to work on any of my installs. I’ve tried VSTS, I’ve tried Express, and it just won’t happen.
If you’ve seen this, please either file a bug with the MSDN feedback, or contact me directly. I really want to track this sucker down!