Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Service Pack 3 hits RTM on schedule and is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
· Documentation: Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, IW documentation is being published.
What’s New in SP3
Focused on the supportability of PerformancePoint Server 2007, Service Pack 3 offers not only a wide range of bug fixes but also a few new features and feature enhancements. For Planning customers, this release offers the following new features:
× Submitting line-item details with assignments. This new feature enables users to add, edit, view, and submit line item details. They can also view the submitted line-item details in reports.
× Adjusting security with the PPSCmd utility. This feature enables users to lower security changes within PPSCMD. For example, it is now possible to move security from Read/Write to Read Only within the PPSCMD utility.
× Extending the application calendar beyond 25 years. This feature enables users to manually change the maximum limit of future years to a value greater than 25 and less than or equal to 200.
For Monitoring & Analytics customers, SP3 offers improved usability, with better handling of zone adjustments, scrolling, and filtering and improved messaging. SP3 also provides better integration with Excel Services, SharePoint Server, and ProClarity.
PerformancePoint Server 2007 SP3 is being released in 18 languages (including English). The localized versions of PPS SP3 will be released by tier beginning in December, 2009. All versions are being released to the following channels:
· Microsoft Download Center. Localized versions of SP3 will be available beginning in December 09.
· Volume licensing (VL). The English version will be available in early December; localized products will be available in early January.
· MSDN. All languages are expected to be available by mid-December.
· ProductsWeb. All languages are expected to available within 4 weeks of the respective release dates.
ProClarity 6.3 SP3 was released on October 9 and is available on the Microsoft Download Center.
Many thanks to everyone who helped with these releases!