We are happy to announce the Microsoft Forums for Microsoft PerformancePoint Server, ProClarity and Master Data Management. These forums are now publicly available on TechNet or MSDN, allowing for enhancement of the user community by providing a place where users can discuss, share knowledge, and provide new ideas on our products. These are forums for external users, as well as internal Microsoft employees. This provides an excellent place to ask questions and get answers by interacting with other members of the PerformancePoint and Microsoft BI community.
The Forums will fully replace the older V1 Beta newsgroups on January 2, 2008. Until then we will keep the current Beta newsgroups alive, but inform the users there to move to the Forums ahead of time. See below for more information.
This blog will continue to remain active as well for best practices posts.
A. What are advantages of the new Microsoft Forums?
- Discoverability on internet search means more users participating and using content
- Strong authentication (a top request from frequent users, Microsoft MVPs) means less spam and more accountability
- Answer-tagging differentiates answers from ordinary replies, making search more relevant and metrics more actionable
- In order to post questions, you only need to set up a Microsoft TechNet login (all it requires is a internet passport account)
· The Microsoft Forums are moderated by a Microsoft representative (and collaborate with Microsoft MVPs as appropriate)
B. FAQ about Microsoft Forums
C. What are the PerformancePoint team specific forums?
1.PerformancePoint Server Planning - and - PerformancePoint Monitoring Analytics are contained in main page below.
1.Master Data Management (MDM)
D. What were old newsgroups that are going away (inactive) Jan 2 2008?
The two old Beta Newsgroups (on http://connect.microsoft.com ) were:
Note that the beta newsgroups may be available as an archive but as mentioned, inactive for new questions.
Also if we need a future Beta focus (separate from the Forums) we may consider it.