I am pleased to announce that the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SDK documentation is now available to the public as part of the MSDN Library Web site.
To access the Web-based documentation, do one or more of the following:
- Browse to the MSDN2 Library starting page. In the Table of Contents pane, expand MSDN Library, expand Development Tools and Languages, expand Visual Studio, and click Visual Studio SDK.
- Browse directly to the Visual Studio SDK documentation starting page.
- With Visual Studio 2005 and the Visual Studio 2005 SDK installed, do the following:
- Start Visual Studio 2005.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Expand Environment, expand Help, and click Online.
- In the When loading Help content area, click the Try online first, then local option.
- Click OK.
- Now, when you attempt to access the Visual Studio 2005 SDK documentation using the F1 key and the Help Search window from within Visual Studio 2005 and you are connected to the MSDN Library Web site over the Internet, Visual Studio will first attempt to display the appropriate SDK Help topic from the MSDN Library Web site inside of the Visual Studio 2005 Documentation Viewer. (Note that the Web-based documentation is not integrated into the Index or Contents windows of the Visual Studio 2005 Documentation Viewer.) If you are not able to connect to the MSDN Library Web site over the Internet, Visual Studio will then attempt to display the appropriate SDK Help topic from the offline documentation.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.