1. Ben Cline says:

This looks like a nice addition to the tooling support.

Your custom application looks very useful. Some of the challenge of working with table storage and the blobs is just in visualizing what is there. I know the Azure MMC (archive.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazuremmc) provided some of this capability too.

Thanks,

2. leprino says:

Thanks Ben,

I just wanted to share with the Azure community the fruit of my work and tests with the StorageClient API. 😉 I know the MMC Snap-In for Azure and the administration tool created by Neudesic (I mentioned the latter in my article) and I agree with you, they are very useful. My idea was doing something similar and share the code with Azure developers!

Ciao,

Paolo

3. Don Glover says:

Quick note, your link to the Blob service API is broken.

It is

msdn.microsoft.com/…/dd135733.aspx

should be

msdn.microsoft.com/…/dd135733.aspx

(dropped the –  in the language)

4. leprino says:

Hi Don

thanks for the heads-up! I fixed the link!

Ciao,

Paolo

5. angel0in says:

It is best tool with code I found for Azure Storage. Thanks for it.

Is it possible to not to store "Azure storage account name" and "access key" in app.config file and try your code.

The reason for it is I have to encrypt section (of app.config) where this information (a/c name and key) is stored.

For this I have to use "SectionInformation.ProtectSection" method of system.configuration namespace

and

the problem is that this this type of encryption is machine-based and if I distribute the application to other with this

encrypted app.config (better to say AppName.exe.config) it will not work.

If it is possible to mention a/c name and key in application then there is no need of encryption (while using anti-decompiler)

I have browsed the code and found the solution of my problem is in "CloudStorageAccount.SetConfigurationSettingPublisher"

which is black box for me

Please tell how my problem can be solved ?

Angel0in

6. leprino says:

Hi Angel0in,

thanks for the positive feedback! Indeed, I developed a similar tool for the AppFabric Service Bus that I'll publish soon here or on MSDN. In this case, I give you the ability to specify the connection string in the configuration file, but also a Connect Form that allows you to specify the Service Bus namspace and credentials on the fly without the nedd to persist them in the configuration file. Time permitting, I could modify the Storage Services Smart Client to introduce the same feature, or you could customize my code and do it by yourself. 😉 To answer your question, you can avoid using the CloudStorageAccount.SetConfigurationSettingPublisher method and specify account credentials as a parameter in the public constructor of the CloudStorageAccount class. For more information see msdn.microsoft.com/…/gg435946.aspx.